Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

Small Axe Podcast

Apr 12, 2021

Today’s guest is Mandy McAllister; she is a multifamily real estate investor, a mindset ninja, eternal learner, coach, and dot-connector. Her passion is to help others find their path to financial freedom through syndications coaching and her platform for aspiring women to achieve more.

Let’s listen to Mandy to learn more about mindset ninja and the path to financial freedom.

[00:01 – 05:04] Opening Segment 

  • Let’s get to know Mandy McAllister.
  • Mandy shares the story about her background.
    • She got her master’s degree in economics and went into tradings.
    • She transitioned to medical sales.
    • Seriously dive into real estate since 2016 with fourplex.
    • Lived in Chicago but invested primarily in Indiana Polis.
  • Mandy talks about being granular in one market area.
    • You can’t be an expert on anything unless you go a mile deep and an inch wide.

[05:05 – 13:29] Mindset Ninja

  • Mandy talks about the importance of the mindset.
    • 80% of anything is the mindset, and the other 20% is the mechanic.
  • You have got to know yourself first to do anything.
  • Mandy talks about her criteria in real estate.
    • The dynamics and fluctuation of investment
  • The business strategy to face and handle the low interest rate.
    • Give up something to be able to look at the pond that not everybody else is looking at.
  • Mandy talks about the joint venture that she is currently working with.
  • Mandy shares her thought on syndication.
  • How to look at a different group of accredited investors who might be interested in a longer-term hold
    • Look for the thing that would meet the criteria in terms of Golden Child syndication.
    • Continue to expand your passive investor database by fishing in another pond.

[13:30 – 25:54] The Path to Financial Freedom

  • Mandy shares her way of enhancing her knowledge and education.
    • Read 100 books in a year goal.
  • Aspiring Women Achieving More community.
    • We are learning and connecting with other women who want to talk about deeper things.
    • Accountability and life-goal discussion.
  • Mandy talks about the benefits of audible books.
  • Parenting and inherit a good work ethic to your children.
  • Mandy shares how she coordinates her days and routine.
    • Ruthless time management.
  • We can be aware of a lot of things but we can only focus on one thing at a time.
  • Mandy talks about the various level of financial freedom.
    • It brings a significant level of power n your life.
    • Map out what it cost to live your life.
  • Figuring out the path to financial freedom.
    • If you can make your problem granular, it becomes way more approachable.

[25:55 – 29:27] Closing segment

  • If your great-great grandkids are to write a book about you, how would you like it to be titled? 
    • You Can Do Hard Things
  • Connect with Mandy.
    • See the links below. 
  • Final words from me.


Tweetable Quotes:

You can’t really be an expert on anything unless you go a mile deep and an inch wide.” –  Mandy McAllister.

It doesn't matter if you know 100% of everything if you are not willing to take action and go make it happen..” –  Mandy McAllister.

If you can make your problem granular, it becomes way more approachable.” –  Mandy McAllister.


Mentioned Links:

You can connect with Mandy on LinkedIn. Or you can visit her website at and


LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode.

I believe that you only need a small axe to build a lasting empire. Let’s start building yours!

To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook or check out my website and book a call with me.