May 3, 2021
Today’s guest is Kevin Galang,
the co-founder of Community Copilot, a software sales engineer,
note investor, and host of two podcasts, Tech Guys Who Invest and
Note Nuggets!. He is passionate about three things, living
abundantly, personal development, and convincing people that the
American dream is more of a nightmare.
While working at tech sales, he focuses on
investing in the mortgage note while helping other business
professionals turn other people’s debt to income for their savings
or IRA through public speaking at webinars and local real estate
meetups. He believes that you can not save your way to financial
security; investing is a must!
Let’s listen to Kevin to learn
more about Note Investing.
[00:01 – 05:55] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Kevin Galang.
- Kevin shares brief information about his
- Currently, work in tech sales as his 9-5
- He shares his parent’s view of
- He talks about his girlfriend’s influence on
real estate investment.
- Why he chooses note investing.
- Kevin talks about how and when he started the
note investing business.
[05:56 – 12:25] Note Investing Business
- What’s interesting about notes compare to other
- Promissory notes.
- Buying debts
- Kevin talks about his focus on mortgage
- Not being responsible for any
- Multiple ways to find notes
- Institutional notes
- Mom-and-Pop Notes
- The advantage of working with private citizens
vs. institutions or investors.
- The possibility of negotiating for
- Mortgage interest rates
- Partner-up and partial note.
[12:26 – 19:00] The Grand Slam Note
- Notes can only be bought in cash.
- What to look for in buying Notes.
- How much equity is in the property?
- What’s the history of the borrower?
- What the process would be to foreclose
(judicial vs. non-judicial)
- Kevin talks about his criteria for buying
- The loan balance compared to the value of the
- Investment to value (ITV)
- The ideal situation in note
- 50% ITV with strong payment
- Reasons why people would default on their
- Performing notes and non-performing
- Kevin talks about the certain market that he is
looking at currently.
[19:01 – 31:00] Foreclosing
- Kevin talks about the process after the
- Depending on who you work with and the inside
of the property
- Either sell it as it is or fixes and renting it
- Create a new note
- Certain asset classes that Kevin is currently
- Secure debt and unsecured debt
- Kevin shares how to find notes
- LinkedIn, webinar, networking, and directly to
- Public records, paperstac.com, notesdirect.com,
- Direct mailers to find notes.
- Avoid ‘Daisy Chains’ notes.
- The approach strategy and foresight in notes
[31:01 – 33:37] Closing segment
- If your great-great grandkids are to write a
book about you, how would you like it to be
- Inspire others not to minimize
- Connect with Kevin.
- Final words from me.
“With note investing, there are so many ways you
can make money and so many ways that you can protect
yourself.” – Kevin
“One thing we learned in 2021, that nothing is
guaranteed, a whole industry can be flipped in a moment with
everyone in it..” –
“You have to be really aware and avoid daisy
chains note, by checking who is selling the
note.” – Kevin
You can connect with Kevin
on LinkedIn. Or you check out his podcast notenuggets.com/podcast or www.tgwipodcast.com and email at email@example.com.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their
business growth by sharing this episode.
I believe that you only need a
small axe to build a lasting empire. Let’s start building
To know more about me and all
the real estate opportunities you can find, you can connect with me
on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook or check out my website https://smallaxecommunities.com/
and book a call with me.