Aug 8, 2022
Welcome back! Small Axe Community! We are joined by Ash
Ash, is a full-time Commercial Real Estate and Business
investor. Looking to invest in value add CRE and businesses. Over
10 years of experience in turning around properties and businesses.
Love taking others on the journey with me. I have personally
transacted over $40mm in deals. Looking to acquire value add
warehouse, industrial, land, NNN, restaurants, retail, office,
medical, etc. Open to joint ventures, startups, angel investing,
and mentoring others.
So with no further ado, Let’s welcome Mr. Ash Patel!
[00:00 - 08:32] Opening Segment
- Ash Patel has a 15-year career in corporate real estate and 10
years as a commercial real estate investor.
- He left his corporate career to become a full-time property
investor and has purchased retail warehouses, offices industrial
land mixed-use medical, and restaurants from vacant buildings to
fully leased triple-net properties.
- The consistent theme is extraordinary returns for his
properties, with an average annualized cash on cash return of
- He started out buying properties site unseen and then began
mentoring others to scale up.
- Now, his mentees are finding deals and asking him to partner
[08:32 - 17:55] Retail Apocalypse? Nico Says It's Not So
- Commercial tenants typically have a longer lease and are more
stable than residential tenants.
- It is important to find the right tenant for the property,
whether it be a large grocery store, furniture store, or
mom-and-pop pizza place.
- Retail is still a viable business, despite recent closures by
big box retailers.
- Quick Ad: Nico Invites you to join Jake’s
& Gino’s Multifamily Mastery 5 in Florida this coming November
2022 If you’re joining, Nico Salgado offers early bird pricing for
you! All you have to do is connect and message him through his
Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn or email him directly at
email@example.com to get the code you can use to avail
[17:56 - 25:55] The Rise of the Suburban
- Suburban retail over city center retail, citing suburban
downtowns as a thriving example of this trend.
- Suburban retail spots that are easy to visit and manage are
often recession-resistant and internet resistant, making them a
- Ash has bought and leased fully leased triple net buildings in
- He is interested in any type of property that doesn't have
tenants living in it, as these are the easiest to lease.
[25:55 - 33:21] People will be forgotten but not the
lessons you teach.
- Ash says that he doesn't do self-storage, multi-family, or
development because he doesn't have a competitive advantage in
- He recommends buying something for a fraction of the build cost
rather than building it new
- He has a mentorship program for people who want to learn how to
find deals and advises compiling a list of life lessons that can
[33:22 - 34:22] Closing Segment
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to
explode their business growth by sharing this episode.
I believe that you only need a small axe to build a lasting
empire. Let’s start building yours!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you
can find, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook, or check out my website https://smallaxecommunities.com/ and book a
call with me.
“I don't think that people's legacies really live on unless
you're like a Steve jobs. I think people will be forgotten, but
lessons that you teach your heirs will not be.” - Ash