Mar 29, 2021
Today’s podcast will be a
special one, as we are having the beginning of the Accountability
series podcast. In this series, there will be four separate
episodes at the end of each quarter of 2021 with various guests and
backgrounds. They have in common that none of them own any
multifamily real estate as an active investor. My goal is to share
their documented process in taking their multifamily journey to the
Let’s listen to this episode and
learn more about their inspiring story and how they
take their multifamily journey to
the next level.
[00:01 – 03:39] Opening Segment
- I share a brief introduction of this podcast
- Four separate episodes with four different
guests and background.
- Three main goals of this series
- Document their process.
- Share the stories of their journey.
- Understand what it takes to be an active or
[03:40 – 23:05] The Financial
Intelligence - Brian Hemedinger
- Let’s get to know Brian
- Brian shares the story about his
- He grew up in a middle-class household in
- Developed interest in acting and music at a
- Shifted his focus from his acting career to
salesperson and leadership.
- He got passionate and certified as a life
- Brian shares about his foundational motivation
from his mentor to shift gear in his career.
- Think about your intelligence and
resourcefulness; if at some point you decide this is not for you,
you are going to have other choices.”
- The financial intelligence.
- He shares his turning point in realizing the
importance of financial intelligence.
- Transition to the multifamily
- Learned the hard way about the depreciation
recapture and capital gains tax.
- He shares how he Joined Jack and Gino
- Multi-family is something that has a higher
- Brain talks about the market he chose in
- The power of working with other
- You can leverage a team, the skill and talents
of other people to work collaboratively.
- Brian talks about his goals and where does he
see himself moving in a few months.
- Generate enough income from real estate
investments within the next five years to be able to max or exceed
his current income.
- Do more coaching outside of his current
- Increase in his personal development and put it
- Brian talks about certain criteria of size and
class that he is currently looking for.
- Final words from me.
[23:06 – 38:44] The Big Why -
- Let’s bring George Rodriguez to the
- George shares the story about his
- Starting entrepreneurship at a young
- He got hooked on the fix and flip and shifted
his focus on multifamily.
- He shares the reason he chose
- He values multifamily because of the financial
freedom aspect and how you can build it into a real
- Leave a legacy.
- He shares how he started to join Jack and Gino
- When you join the right community, you Increase
your chances for success.
- He talks about his educational journey in real
- Having conversations with brokers and
- The benefits of working with a
- George talks about his market, strategy, and
why he chose that area.
- The type and class criteria of his
- Building and developing the key
- Networking strategy
- George talks about his strength in a
- The skillset of managing a crew and
- George shares about the area that he is lacking
or struggling with within the business.
- The learning and transition process to the
- George talks about his goals in
- Final words from me.
[38:45 – 55:21] Constant Learning and Growing
Process - Gemma Bark
get to know Gemma Bark
- Gemma shares about her background
- Born in Southern California.
- Raised in a small family business
- She moved to San Francisco and work in software
sales after college.
- Gemma shares how she joins Jack and Gino
- The reasons why she chose
- A great way to get passive income that makes
- Gemma shares the beginning of her journey as a
real estate broker.
- She talks about her current market
- The challenges of having a market across the
- Doing the due diligence and make an effort to
travel across the state.
- The position on a team
- Honing on her strengths and how she can bring
her skills to benefits the team.
- Broker relationship and money-raising
- She shares her experience in her few first
- Gemma shares her short-term and long-term
- The time spends and energy to work in W2 and
- Time block and making sacrifices.
- Unit count and means of getting in
- Around 1000 units in 10 years.
- Learning multifamily and
- The end goal of income.
- Open for partnership.
- Final words from me.
“Think about your
intelligence and resourcefulness, if at some point you decide this
is not for you, you are going to have other choices”
“When you want to start
something, you have to immerse yourself and be obsessed with
it .” – George Rodriguez.
“If you are not constantly
growing, learning, and changing, you are not going to keep
up.” – Gemma
You can connect with Brian via
You can connect with George via
You can connect with Gemma via
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their
business growth by sharing this episode.
I believe that you only need a
small axe to build a lasting empire. Let’s start building
To know more about me and all
the real estate opportunities you can find, you can connect with me
on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook or check out my website https://smallaxecommunities.com/
and book a call with me.